- Director of the Center for Economic Prosperity at the Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Con to the question "Should the Federal Minimum Wage Be Increased?"
“Despite the commonly held perception that minimum wage laws reduce income inequality and provide the poor with a better life, the real effects are the opposite.
Minimum wage laws have proven detrimental by reducing job creation and the total hours worked for low-skilled workers, who are primarily paid the minimum wage and have less than a high school diploma or little work experience. And the laws raise prices for everyone – thus widening income inequality…
Lower-skilled workers are especially vulnerable to the proven job losses caused by federal minimum wage increases because employers who can’t afford the increases in the cost of production simply close up shop, reduce employee hours, or even switch to automation.”
“Amazon’s Minimum Wage Revelation: It’s About Competition, Not Workers,” texaspolicy.com, Oct. 26, 2018
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the minimum wage. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to the minimum wage.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Director, Center for Economic Prosperity, Texas Public Policy Foundation, 2017-present
- Economist, Center for Fiscal Policy, Texas Public Policy Foundation, 2013-2017
- Director, Economic Committee, Missouri Valley Economic Association, 2014-2016
- Adjunct Faculty, Lone Star College, 2013
- Lecturer, Sam Houston State University, 2011-2013
- Energy Policy Summer Fellow, Armstrong Center for Energy and the Environment, Texas Public Policy Foundation, 2011
- Intern, Office of US Representative Randy Neugebauer (R), 2006
- Intern, Office of US Senator John Cornyn (R-TX), 2004
- PhD, Economics, Texas Tech University, 2013
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), cum laude, Economics & Accounting, Texas Tech University, 2006
- AA, Business Administration, San Jacinto College, 2003
- Twitter handle: @VanceGinn
- Recipient, Grassroots America Champion of Freedom, 2018
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should the Federal Minimum Wage Be Increased?