- 45th President of United States
- Con to the question "Should the Federal Minimum Wage Be Increased?"
“You know, we’re in a global economy now. It used to be people would leave New York state and companies would leave New York state or leave another state and go to Florida, go to Texas, go to wherever they go because of the wages, you know all sorts of different things. Well, now it’s not leaving New York or New Jersey or wherever they may be leaving. Now they are leaving the United States and they’re going to other countries because they’re competing for low taxes and they’re competing for low wages and they’re competing for all sorts of things… [W]e are no longer competing against one state against the other, we’re competing, it’s the United States against other places where, Joe [Scarborough], where the taxes are lower, where the wages are lower, where lots of things are lower. Now, I want to create jobs so you don’t have to worry about the minimum wage, you’re doing a great job making much more than the minimum wage. But I think having a low minimum wage is not a bad thing for this country.”
“Trump: Minimum Wage Isn’t a Bad Thing,” msnbc.com, Aug. 20, 2015
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- 45th President of the United States, Jan. 20, 2017-present
- 2016 presidential candidate
- CEO, The Trump Organization (formerly Elizabeth Trump and Son), 1968-present
- Co-Producer and Host, The Celebrity Apprentice, 2008-2015
- Executive Producer and Host, The Apprentice, 2003-2015
- Former co-owner, Miss USA
- Former co-owner, Miss Teen USA
- Former co-owner, Miss Universe
- BS, Economics, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1968
- Twitter handle: @realdonaldtrump
- Was born on June 14, 1946 in Queens, NY
- Recipient, Honorary Doctor of Business Administration, Liberty University, 2012
- Recipient, Honorary Doctor of Business Administration, Robert Gordon University, 2010
- His sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, is a Senior US Circuit Judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, appointed by Bill Clinton (previously appointed to the US District Court for the District of New Jersey by Ronald Reagan).
His mother, Mary Anne MacLeod Trump, immigrated from Scotland
- In 2015, Forbes estimated Trump’s net worth at $4 billion
- Four of Trump’s businesses have declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy: Trump’s Taj Mahal (1991), Trump Plaza Hotel (1992), Trump Hotels and Casino Resorts (2004), and Trump Entertainment Resorts (2009)
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should the Federal Minimum Wage Be Increased?